Easy Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
This recipe is so simple; it’s almost not worth breaking down into steps. Go as simple or complex as you want with your seasonings, but remember these keys: let the meat come up as close to room temp as possible before cooking, and cook low and slow for the first hour or so. Also, consider spooning the yummy drippings on steamed veggies, or make a quick gravy for rice or potatoes.
1 package of 3 YHF Pastured Broiler Leg Quarters
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees
2. Place leg quarters skin side up in a large baking dish, or rimmed baking sheet. Pat dry with paper towels.
3. Brush all over with melted butter, and season to taste with whatever you like.
4. Cover with foil and bake for an hour.
5. Increase temperature to 425 degrees and remove foil.
6. Continue baking for 20 minutes, or until the skin is at desired color and crispness, and the meat reads 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer placed in the thickest part of the thigh.
7. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
How easy is that? Enjoy!